Sunday, July 15, 2012

July 15, 2012


 Today was nicer than last night, weather wise.  Not everyone made it to church, but the turnout wasn’t bad.  Our primary president was in Zimbabwe, and her counselor didn’t show. It turned out that she had taken her daughter to the hospital but the fact still remained there was nobody to take care of primary….of course, that meant I had the duty as they are the only people in primary.  I had been previously asked to teach the children the song “As a Child of God” by Janice Kapp Perry.  It is for the Children’s Primary Presentation.  It is interesting how things seem to work out when you’re on mission. There were only 8 children and no Jr. Primary children to take care of, so I had the Elders bring in a keyboard so I could teach the right tune, and we had fun learning the song together. I wrote the words on the board and played the keyboard while the group sang through the song a number of times. Then I had one of the children erase two of the words and we sang it again, another child and two more missing words till almost all the words were gone and we could still sing the song through with little difficulty.  Next came a short lesson on the creation and pictures to color, which they all loved.  At the half way mark comes snack time.  Most of the people here evidently don’t eat breakfast, but only have a noon and evening meal so a snack at 11:00 works well.  Rick could only help me on the first hour of primary, so the second hour I played the Book of Mormon video for the children, and then we practiced the song again. Finally I used some Gospel art pictures and had the children tell me who or what they were. They knew the pictures of Jesus and I helped them with the rest.  They were very engaged with the pictures and listened when I explained what each one was.

1 comment:

  1. Perfect! A could-have-been-out-of-control day turned out out perfectly!! Ahhhh... well done!

    ReplyDelete