Sunday, October 6, 2013

October 6, 2013 A great Fast and Testimony meeting.

It is general conference weekend; however, we won’t show it at church until the 3rd week in October.  We had fast and testimony meeting and it was a great one.  Sister Hola, who was scared to even bear her testimony,, when she was baptized, bore hers today, it was amazing.  I wasn’t needed in primary or YW, so I went to the gospel essentials class.  There Elder Sanders was teaching and since I was there, he asked everyone to take a turn and say something to me since we are leaving in three weeks.  Nolanthando said she knew this was the church she should join after Rick and the missionaries were there doing service for her and her family even though she was not interested in taking the missionary discussions.  Oh…and she loved my cookies!!!  Sister Hola was the most humbling one for me.  She cried most of the time and said how much she appreciated my helping her learn English.  She also said we were like parents to her.  Both of her parents have passed away.  Sister Van Rensburg mentioned how grateful she was that I was proxy for her mother when she was sealed to her parents. (Of course, Rick was proxy for her father.)  It was all very humbling.

No comments:

Post a Comment