Sunday, September 15, 2013

September 15, 2013 Primary presents “I Am a Child of God”

Sunday again and it was a busy time at church.  The primary presented the sacrament program the theme being  “I Am a Child of God”.  We have, maybe 10 children in primary of which 9 were there, but one didn’t want to participate.  The four older children had larges speaking parts, and the younger ones were given a couple of lines to say.  Sister Kondile, the primary president, helped them at the pulpit and I directed the music.  We had the congregation sing some of the hymns to be done and Rick and Elder Andersen sang “If the Savior Stood Beside Me”.  It was very good.  The presentation went well and Rick finished with a really good talk.  The Spirit was there.
Then on the third hour, I presented a lesson on modesty to the YW and their moms.  I also had the older primary girls come in with their moms.  I think it turned out OK.  The YW president thought so. 
We had the missionaries over for dinner, as is usual for Sunday.  After dinner, Elder Andersen wanted to play Rummikub, which we did.  I won the first game, Rick won the second and at that point Elder Andersen became Dr. Jeckel and Mr. Hyde!!!  Our sweet and adorable Danish elder let us know he liked to win and we would be playing another game…even though after checking his watch and having only 15 minutes until they were to be back in boarding.  He really wanted to win a game and we would play on!!  He didn’t win and I know we will be doing it again.  I never saw him quite so intense.  He will get over it…he is a really good guy doing a great job but boy does he like to win. 


1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I wish that I could be a spy on the wall in South Africa :)
    Sis. Andersen, DK

    ReplyDelete