Sunday, March 10, 2013

March 10, 2013

 Last night, after 9pm, Rick found out that one of the speakers wouldn’t be there.  Sooo…Brother Canny, who is conducting this month, wanted either Rick or I to speak in his place.  Rick told him if he is conducting, he has to fill in (I think).  But, Rick pulled something from his talk file and I found something I could use in Gospel Principles (Chapter 27, on work and responsibility).  This morning I was given the official assignment from Brother Canny to cover it…so I did.  Amazingly I did it and it turned out fine…both Sister Dell and Sister Cockbain complimented me on the talk.  I know I had help and inspiration on what to choose.  Just hope the people who needed it, heard it.

I then helped Sister Moore with her class in primary.  She teaches in English to the older children.  She has been very afraid and shy about doing it, but I went over things in the lesson with her and she did well for being nervous.  We will just keep working on it…she wants to do it.  

I then went to YW where we rehearsed the music for our branch conference to be held in two weeks.  They are singing “Where Love Is” from the children’s songbook.  

After we returned home, we had some nice quiet time and listened to music for a while.  The needed time out was great.   Then we had the missionaries for dinner…the standing time on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment