Sunday, August 11, 2013

August 11, 2013 Elder & Sister Boyce

Yesterday Rick met with Elder Boyce so they could do the required bi-annual financial audit at the church.  We got back from PE just in time, about 10 minutes before the Boyce’s arrived!!  Later that night, the Boyce’s took us to dinner.  They made me choose where we were going to go, so I chose Guidos, since the last time we were there I tried a new dish and liked it…Schwarma…an Indian kind of dish with pita bread and beef.
The Boyce’s spent the night and, as always, it was nice to have them here and great to visit with them.  They spoke in our sacrament meeting about what gospel families should be like.  We just hope some of it was understood because the Xhosa families have so very different family structures.  We came back to our boarding for lunch and they left shortly after that.
Later, we visited with the one of the branch families where Rick helped them a little more with their finances.  We served the elders dinner around 8pm.  Since Elder Sanders is lactose intolerant, I will need to redo some of the meals I usually make.  I guess it is a good time to stretch a bit more.  He eats well and LOVES my cookies…I guess he is OK!!

No comments:

Post a Comment